Tree Count 500 now
3:50 PM | Author: Chief Wooder
On Saturday 26th,July a few but faithful Wooders planted 100 saplings at Shankar Vihar.

It was a hot day, but the Wooders braved the odds to green the city. We were also helped by the DEORA workforce to assist us, since our other Volunteers couldn't make it.

Diospyros, Sheeham, Alistonia and Peepul are some of the trees we planted.

We are planning our next De-nailing Drive soon, but we need Volunteers to write to us to tell us suitable Dates and Venues where trees need our attention. Write in to us at monsoonwooding@gmail.com or call at 26671758.

Keep Greening and Grinning...


|
This entry was posted on 3:50 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On August 4, 2008 at 11:04 AM , Anonymous said...

Hi, You are doing a wonderful jog. So far I had been trying to do something about the trees of Delhi, on my own. I am glad I found a group with whom I can associate. I would like to get involved with you and am keeping my eyes peeled and would contact you as I spot some opportunity to help. I would definitely join the next planting venture. cheers

 
On August 8, 2008 at 11:41 AM , Unknown said...

great job guys! we've been trying to do pretty much the same thing. planting in areas where we can get the residents involved so that they can take care of the saplings.

I have posted the poster for the event on the 10th of august on our Community site. have a look

www.earthmatters.ning.com

Will try my best to be at the event! Thanks

 
On June 3, 2009 at 8:07 PM , Anonymous said...

Dang.. it was not the St. Stephen students.. Most of them were school students and no1 from other colleges was around. that's such a big lie.

 

JS-Kit Comments